I had a good day on Sunday. I did gain back 2 of the 3.2 pounds, but I was expecting that, and I woke up with an abundance of energy! That post-cleanse feeling is always incredible! Well, I spent most of my day cooking. I made Mashed Parsnips, Coconut Honey Mustard Dressing, and Kombucha Tea. This Kombucha Tea is exciting for me. If I did it right, it’s supposed to grow live/active cultures, which are probiotics – great for my intestines and body. I won’t know for a couple weeks if it worked. So, I have a couple jars sitting on top of my refrigerator right now. They have to ferment and then they’ll grow a white film, about a ¼” thick, which will be the bed for the good bacteria. I can then use that to make more Kombucha after that. You can see the process here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi4TZ6aTUg4&feature=related
I also order Kefir Grains. I heard about Kefir (it’s a cross between yogurt and milk but with live cultures) when I went to a Health Spa in Palm Springs a couple years back, but I thought it was too much hassle. After Thanksgiving and having my skin break out, I decided I must get more probiotics in my diet. The coconut oil was already a great anti-bacterial which I noticed the effects of, so I figured getting more of that kind of stuff would be even better! Thus, the Kombucha and Kefir. Anyway my Kefir Grains are supposed to be in by the end of the week. The “grains” are what allows me to grow the cultures and produce the Kefir. I can buy Kefir from Trader Joe’s, and I love the taste of it, but it’s got to be ‘purer’ if I can grow my own. Plus, I have more flexibility with it then. I can make it out of coconut milk or regular milk or whatever. I can even make cheese with it. This will be a fun endeavor for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment