Monday, December 13, 2010

Amanda - Phase 2, Week 5, Monday

Well, the weekend was pretty good with mom, though we did have an indulgent dinner on Saturday night. I am back on the horse today though.

To update you on my Kefir experiment, the first batch wasn't so good. Apparently I didn't use enough milk. The second batch was better, but the third batch has been the best yet. I only let it ferment for 15 hours and I used more milk. The consistency is a little thin and it's not real sweet...not like the store bought anyway. I'm still trying to figure out if I can get it to taste like the store bought. If so, that would be great! I'm going to experiment using coconut milk tomorrow and play with the amount of milk and times to ferment to see if I can get the consistency and sweetness I like. I feel like I'm doing ok since I just started though.

About my Kombucha, that seems to be going well. My quart jar looks like it's right on track, but my pint jar looks as if it's lagging behind. I also made 2 gallons this weekend. The instructions recommended using gallons because it allows more breathing, but I didn't haven't any. Anyway, we will see if the gallons produce any better results!

I went to Crossfit today at noon:
TABATA - Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals.

My least number for each exercise was: 2 Pullups, 4 Pushups, 7 Situps, and 10 Squats. I was trying to pace myself, but I should have pushed myself harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment