Sunday, September 19, 2010

Amanda - Week 1, Sunday

Before Mom and Dad left today, we had breakfast at Eggsperience. I had an omelet with fruit and rye toast. I went to a Vinyasa class at 4pm. So, for the week, I got in all of my 6 workouts, and I did pretty good with my meals. Except for the two meals I had during the weekend, I ate everything according to my meal plan. I didn't overdo it with those 2 meals, and though the foods weren't perfect they were decent.
During Yoga, it occurred to me that it was important during the next eight weeks to focus on balance. It’s important to listen to myself and eat when I want to eat. Sometimes I find myself eating because it’s on my ‘plan’ and not because I really need/want to. Likewise, I need to listen to myself about what to eat. So, if I need protein, or carbs, or fat, whatever it is, that’s what I’ll eat. I think if that is my mine main focus over this challege that it will assist me in making better choices when I travel, which has always been my struggle. It also felt really good when I was at the restaurant on Saturday night, that I didn't completely restrict myself yet I also didn't indulge. It felt natural...how it should feel when I go out. Between that experience and yoga, it helped me decide to focus on balance and listening to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment