Monday, September 27, 2010

Amanda - Week 3, Monday

Well, I woke up this  morning and lost 1 whole pound! That's 1.4 pounds in 2 days!!
I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing, which is the 3 meals I previously posted, no snacks and have my last meal before 5. I'm only eating like 1000 calories, which I know totally contradicts all the 'experts', but it is what it is. Every time I've lost weight, that's what I've had to eat. The argument is that people can't sustain that low of calorie, but I think the trick is to eat more fat. I've become kind of sold on this idea since crossfit. About 5 years ago, I tried to keep my fat intake around 20%, then I gradually moved it to 25%, which was what it was at last year when I lost weight (5lbs in 6 weeks). I had a hard time maintaining that weight loss, and it took me another 3 months just to lose 2 pounds. That included having a "cheating weekend" every 3 weeks. Now, my fat intake is about 35%. I'm not sure if it's the Coconut Oil specifically or just the extra fat in general, but I feel like my mind is healthier, like I'm not just trying to 'hold out' for some weekend when I 'allow' myself dessert. When I was doing the Paleo Challenge, my fat intake was actually higher, but most of my fat came from almonds and walnuts. It didn't feel the same. I was still craving things. Maybe there is something to this Coconut Oil. I even noticed that when a friend asked me to go to dinner, my mind didn't automatically jump to thinking, "ooh, I can't, I'm on my program." That's what would ALWAYS happen in the past. This time, my reaction was, "yeah, that'd be great." And when I thought about having a salad and some chicken/fish, I didn't automatically think "deprivation" or that I'd be missing out on something I really wanted. It actually sounded really good. My mind didn't go to creamy pasta and carrot cake. Very odd for me!!!

Hopefully this is real and not just some fluke. I will keep monitoring!

This morning I did my gym workout.
I decreased my workout time by 3 mintues and I made more progress on my mile. I cut another 20 seconds from hanging on to the treadmill. I'm almost to the halfway point of hanging on vs. not hanging on. I'm feeling good about my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment