Well, I finally had some progress regarding my weight this morning! I lost the half pound I gained and an additional half pound! I even had Flounder last night - something totally different! So, I am a half pound lower than my lowest weight at the end of our last challenge on Nov 13. Maybe it was that 5K yesterday...who knows? Originally, I wanted to be another 0.8 pounds down by tomorrow (the day I leave for WI for Thanksgiving), which seems like a stretch, but I'm going to work really hard today!
I went to CF this morning at 8am:
"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 reps of:
Power Cleans ( I did 65#)
Ring dips (I used the red band - second from least resistance)
I was the first one done at 8.35. It was an okay workout. I got two really great compliments today though! I was working on my pullups after class and our coach, Todd, looks over at me quickly and then glances back and says, "Holy shit, you're shredded." Then, a girl who was visiting from another CF location, asked me if I was a gymnast because I looked amazing on the rings. It's gratifying but at that the same time uncomfortable for me when I get compliments like that. They feel so undeserving. I've always felt so inferior athletically and physically. I just don't see myself like that. I've been thinking about that a lot lately though and am beginning to feel like it's critical that I get rid of that old mindset. I think because I don't truly believe that about myself, it keeps me reverting back to old habits. Where, if I really work on starting to view myself as a strong athlete that I'll be more apt to keep doing things that support that mindset. I'm going to have to give that some more thought as to how I can successfully make that transition.
No comments:
Post a Comment