Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amanda - Week 8, Wednesday

I went to CF this morning at 8AM:
Hang Power Clean
3-3-3 (maxed out at 75#)
Power Clean
3-3-3 (maxed out at 95#)

Conditioning:
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
20 Box Jumps
20 Push Press (95/65)
20 Alternating Body Rows
Post rounds completed to comments.

I completed 4.5 rounds, which I felt ok about. I started out with 65#, but then 10 reps in, I knew 20 for AMRAP was going to be an issue. I went down to 55#. I had done 65# Push Presses before, but only for 10 or 12 reps in a couple sets. Perhaps I should've tried 60#, but in the middle of the WOD, I wanted to be quick with switching over. After the WOD, I worked on my Kippings. I'm still having a hard time getting into a rhythm. Waller, an experienced crossfitter, was giving me some pointers. He said that how my Kippings look, they look closer to Butterfly Kippnigs than regular Kippings, which are supposed to be harder. I looked them up on YouTube and the round motion does seem to be more natural for me. Perhaps I'll get those first.

My meals are going well. Though yesterday I had a few sun dried tomatoes in my salad and this morning I had gained a half a pound. I'm sure it's from water retention. I'm used to having about 500mg of sodium per day and those had 1000mg just by themselves! They were really good though. My plan is to not have any today, stick to my meal plan precisely, and I'm sure that half pound will come off, and with any luck, another half pound as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment