This morning I woke up knowing I was going to do my baseline workout. My last performance was 16:16. Upon completion I felt good, until I talked to my cohort about my time! Not to be detoured I set my mind to making sure I really improved this time.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.........................
My time was 10:32. Amazing! I would not have thought that I could possibly reduce my time by 5 minutes so I was impressed. I noticed the biggest differences in my push-up and burpees with ease and the sit-ups took much less time than it was before.
I feel good about that progress. It's the first WOD that I've done twice so it is cool to see the progress.
When I look back at my original goals here is what I had:
1. Lose 30 pounds
2. 5 grey band pull-ups
3. improve 5k time
4. 24 inch box jumps
I hit goal number 1 by losing 40 pounds. I am able to do 3 pull-ups with the grey band, I improved my 5k time by 6:16 and with the 24 inch box jump I use them as my WOD about 70% of the time depending on the WOD. Sometimes I use the 24 inch box for the majority of a WOD but then go to 20 inch or even 12 inch box depeding on the WOD.
Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment