Friday, November 5, 2010

Amanda - Week 8, Friday

Well, I did lose 0.6 pounds this morning, so it was positive to end my 5-day plateau! Also, because of my shock at Bikram last night, I decided to take my measurements. The last time I took them was last Saturday, so 6 days ago. I'm down 1 pound from then. Most of my measurements were the same except I lost 1/4" in my thigh and 3/4" in my hips. I totally notice that my hips are smaller, which is great, because I really needed to lose some there. No wonder I noticed a difference in Bikram yesterday...3/4" in one area of the body is huge!

I did my gym workout this morning and my mile didn't go so well. I felt pretty fatigued and went backwards in my mile. I may need to start eating before my workouts...I'm not sure yet. The other possible reason is that when I came home from Bikram last night, it was about 6:30, so I didn't eat much at that time, just some yogurt and broccoli. That could've been the reason as well. Despite my mile, when I started my weights and looked at myself in the mirror, again, my upper body stunned me! It really looks amazing! I didn't wear shorts when I worked out, so I can't comment so much on my legs. I didn't want to take any chances in my legs interfering with my excitement...I wanted to stay positive.

So, I was looking at my measurements, as they are right now, and compared them to when I was at my lowest weight. I was at my lowest weight about 8 years ago, when I did Body For Life. I still wasn't happy with my legs back then, and looking at some pictures, they look pretty similar to how they look now. I'm not fixated on being at the same weight - I'd have to lose another 8 pounds - but it does give me some frame of reference. What I find interesting is that my bicep was 2" smaller! That just seems odd. I can't imagine losing 2" of fat just off my bicep. I don't think I have that much fat to lose. Maybe I could lose .5 or .75 without losing any muscle, but that would be pushing it, I think. Anyway, it causes me think I have more muscle than I did then. I will say, at this weight, my abs look far better than they did back then when I was at the same weight. I would be very surprised if I didn't have at least 3 pounds more muscle. My waist, hips, and butt were each 2"-2.5" smaller as well. I wouldn't think muscle would affect those areas much and I could definintely see losing another couple inches off my hips and butt, and maybe another 1.5" off my waist. Anyway, typically, when I lose 1 pound, I'll lose 1" cumulative over my body. So, if I consider that, then I could lose another 6 pounds. I'm not sure if I want to (I'm still only certain about half that), but it's interesting to compare now to then.

Tonight, I am going to dinner with a couple friends. I'll be nice to get out...I don't do that often enough. I'm trying to cut about 40% of what I eat throughout the day, so it won't make so much of an impact tonight. Regardless of how good I am, it always seems if I eat something off my normal food list, I gain weight and it takes a few days to take it off. I've looked at the menu of the restaurant we're going to though, and have already picked out a couple things that I think are good options - Lyonnaise Salad with Mustard dressing and a Bison Slider. I'm sure I'll have a glass of wine as well. Even if my weight is affected, which I'm sure it will be, I'm ok with that. It's good for me (physically and mentally) to get out. It's also good practice to make good choices when I go out to eat instead of indulging.

No comments:

Post a Comment