Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Amanda - Phase 2, Week 2, Wednesday

CF this morning at 6AM:
Strength:
Bench Press
5-5-3-3-1-1
Conditioning:
5 Rounds for Time:
500m Row
100 ft. OH Walking Lunge (45# / 25#) Idid 25#
50 Double Unders (I did 4X singles)
 
My 1 rep max for my Bench Press was 90#, which wasn't great, considering I did 85# X 3 on Sept 28. I'll have to keep an eye out for my strength.
 
I finished my WOD in 31.17. I was the second one done. The person who got done first, finished between 27-28 minutes. She did DUs instead of singles and she was also significantly faster on her row. She must have been pretty consistent rowing each of her 500s at 2 minutes. I think my first was like at 2:05 and then I think my final one was like at like 2:25. That's a couple minutes there. Then, of course, she was proficient with her double unders. So, that was at least a few minutes there as well. I made up time with my lunges however. Anyway, it was a long and good workout. The rowing always kills me!
 
So, today I am leaving to go to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. Again, I am mentally preparing myself. I'm printing off my last blog entry when I went home last time, but this time is a little different since it is a holiday. It makes it significantly more challenging. Considering my goal however of learning the proper mindset of 'every-day life', I'm not going to say, "I won't eat this" or "I can only have so much of this." I really want to be in tune to my body and my true voice and not allow past behavior or mindsets make my decisions. And just because I 'decide' to have a piece of dessert or anything else, that doesn't mean that has to open the doorway to continued indulgence for the rest of the day/weekend. Also, 'decide' is an important word. I need to own that it is a decision. It think that's liberating. In the past, particularly with holidays, I've always felt so out of control with eating. What I ate was never a conscious decision. I want everything I put in my mouth to be a conscious decision. Doing that, gives me a feeling of control. It's empowering. I know that it's ultimately up to me, not past actions, not hormones, not habits...but me...I am in control.
 
I still think it's empowering to have a plan however. It adds to that feeling of empowerment. And considering working out helps get me into the right frame of my, it's vital in helping me in transition my mindset, particularly when I travel or visit my family. Here's my plan:
 
Wednesday - I worked out this morning. I have oatmeal cooking on the stove now and I already have my chicken salad and coconut oil dressing to take with me for the road. I also have my other foods packed for the weekend that I can't get at home: oatmeal, coconut oil, yogurt, Ezekial muffins, etc.
Thursday - I won't workout. I'll eat my normal breakfast and then Thanksgiving dinner. I will eat until I feel satisfied. I will listen to my body from there. There's really no need to be 'picking' throughout the rest of the day, as food sits on the counter. This is where I really have to listen to myself and own my decisions.
Friday - Workout in morning and the rest of the day should be as normal as far as food, for the most part. I'm sure I'll have some 'leftovers', but I'll be cognizant of the portions and continue to make those conscious decisions.
Saturday/Sunday - I'm not sure yet when I'll be leaving. Either way, I will workout one of those two days. Again, portions will be reasonable.
 
I will blog my updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment