Monday, November 15, 2010

Jon Week 1 Monday

So, the first challenge has ended with some great results!  I lost 40 pounds in nine weeks and improved my run time and baseline WOD both by over five minutes; but now, it's time to keep working!

There is no deadline in mind right now for this new challenge; at least not one yet carved into stone.  I will outline my new goals and new requirements to retain my focus and get me through the holiday season!

Goals:
1.  Lose 10 pounds (by end of the year)
2.  Track and measure my weight (daily), measurements (weekly), and calories (daily).
3.  Create a "normal" lifestyle change.

HOW:
1.  Continue with gym workouts (5 times a week)
2.  Cheat (8 days for the rest of the year.  Considering the holidays, Annual and my birthday I think it's reasonable).  The cheat days will be the only time I have alcohol as well, minus a glass of wine here or there, but no more.
3.  Start using a hybrid Body-For-Life eating schedule, but really focusing on calorie counting.

The biggest thing I want to accomplish in the next seven weeks is to really create that "normal" lifestyle change.  One of the best ways to get this done is to set my calorie intake at 1500 daily.  I may refine this based on my energy level, but I believe that long term that is they key to continue my success.

On another note I have decided to stop doing Crossfit for the next seven weeks to see if I can focus on my endurance (which I struggle with) and get on a routine in which adding Crossfit in down the road will make sense. 

So, the RACE continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment