Friday, October 15, 2010

Amanda - Week 5, Friday

I woke up this morning at 4:30 and had gained 0.2 pounds. It never fails to astound me how a slight deviation in my program affects my weight. I even think I had fewer calories yesterday than I normally do. Unless that chicken was cooked in something that wasn't listed on the menu or the cucumbers were drenched in sugar, I'm not sure how my Thai lunch could've been that bad. I did have 2T of the Peanut Sauce, but it still doesn't seem like I should've gained weight. I realize fluctuations are going to happen, but it ONLY seems to happen when I don't follow my plan EXACTLY. I don't want it to discourage me from going out because I think it's important that I don't get back into my mindset that I can't go out to eat. I guess it'll just have to be something I monitor. I should go out to eat once a week and really track how that affects me. I think that's something I'll do when I reach my goals.

Anyway, I did my gym workout today. It was far better than it was on Tuesday, and I didn't nearly throw in the towel on my mile. Though I will say, once that seed is planted, it's hard to get out of the mind. That little voice was still there, particularly during the first few minutes. Regardless, I made it through and cut another 5 seconds...slowly but surely. I added an extra pushup today too, so now I'm at 24 consecutively.

I should be following my diet exactly today, so it'll be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment