Sunday, October 24, 2010

Amanda - Week 6, Sunday

I got 9 hours of sleep last night. I woke up at  6:30 which is the lastest I've woken up in a while. I have been really tired lately. I didn't even want to get out of bed at 6:30. I've been trying to think of the reasons I've been so tired the last few days and have come up with a few possibilities:
Traveling
Eating more than usual even though it's been healthy
I was supposed to get my period on Wednesday, but it never came

I'm guessing it's the last one. I've noticed the last few months that I've gotten really tired around my period or when it's due to come. I've done some research and apparently it's pretty common due to the fluctuations of hormones. I'm sure that would explain why I've been abnormally hungry as well. It's just coincidental that it also happened during my trip to Hillsboro. It would be interesting to see if the same thing happened next time I travel. It'll be something I'll take note of.

One other thing that may be a factor in this is weight gain. I jumped on the scale this morning and gained 1.2 pounds. I was okay with it because I have been eating more. I just hope my appetite calms down soon. It's possible it's also water retention or the fact I couldn't go to the bathroom for 2 days. I'll keep a close eye on it next week.

I went to yoga today at 11:00. It was an Ashtanga class so it was fast-paced. It was exactly what I needed. It gave me a lift of energy and helped me to feel very centered again.

After yoga, I met a couple friends to watch the last quarter of the football game at a bar. I ordered a strawberry and walnut salad and 1 beef slider. The salad was healthy with a tangerine vinegariette dressing and the slider, was a mini burger...probably 2-3oz. The slider was just enough to give me a taste of a burger without eating a whole one. I felt good about it. I didn't order anything to drink. It just didn't sound good.

Weekly Checkup:
I didn't cheat
I blogged 7 days
I worked out 5 days (first of two weeks I'll only workout 5 days vs. 6 - 3CF and 2Yoga)
I didn't drink any alcohol

I am 2.2 pounds from my goal with 3 weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment