I went to the gym this morning in order to make sure I could feel confidence in my arm. I thought I would go to CF this morning, but the WOD was KTE and HSPU both of which were intimidating for my shoulder. I had visions of falling backwards on the KTE and cracking my head open.
Anyway, the cardio portion of the gym this morning was good. I felt strong and finished my 3 miles in under 27 minutes. I was pretty excited about that, so I thought I'd give my arm a try. I started doing push-presses at 45 pounds and though it didn't feel great, I thought I would do more weight. I added 50 pounds and that's when I really felt the pain in my arm. I could barely get it up a second time and my right arm was shaking. Not a great sign, but tomorrow will hopefully shed some light on it as I go to the Dr.
It was a good workout though except for the strength portion.
I've also decided to better monitor my calories so I have done a couple of modifications to see if it makes a difference to the weight loss. I am going to stick to 1500 calories a day and not worry necessarily about the foods I eat to get there, so long as I can account (exactly) for the caloric intake. For example, I measured my shake this morning for milk and powder. For lunch I had a can of chicken and tablespoon olive oil.
Weighing myself daily has been good and though I slipped a bit over the weekend by indulging on Friday night I am still down a total of 14 pounds. 16 pounds to go and 4 weeks to make it. I think with this new plan I will give it a week and see how it goes. I think the most important thing is that by not focusing on how I get to the 1500 calories I won't feel the cravings I have over the last week or so.
Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment