Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Amanda - Week 6, Tuesday

Crossfit at 7am:
Strength:
Snatch 3-2-1-2-1-2

MetCon:
7 Rounds For Time:
7 Dumbbell Alternating Press (7 each arm)
7 Dumbbell Hang Clean
7 Dumbbell Deadlift
Rx: 40/25

For my Snatch, my one rep max was 75#. On July 27, my one rep max was 70#. 5# doesn't seem like a lot of progress, but I'll take it. I tried 80# but couldn't make. I think I could've done 77 or 78# though.

My WOD I finished in 9:32, which I felt pretty good about. I used 20#. I would've been fine with the 25# except for the Presses. One round would've been ok, but I didn't think I could do 7 rounds. Now, I wish I would've attempted it. Once I got going with Presses, I realized if I set the weight down after about 10 reps ( 5 each arm), for about 10 seconds, I could recover pretty quickly. The Hang Cleans and Deadlifts were too easy at the 20# weight.

I worked on my Kippings a bit after the WOD buy my arms were too spent to see any progres. I'll have to work on those before my WOD next time.

So, tomorrow, I was hoping to be at my goal weight for this challenge. I'm 1.2 pounds away. It doesn't look like I'm going to make it, but I don't feel discourage. I feel like it's just a matter of time, and I have to be patient with my body. Besides, getting to my goal tomorrow would've been a 2 pound loss in a week, which is a bit aggressive at this point. I just have to keep doing what I've been doing and it will come. I've followed my meal plan and exercise plan all week and there's not much more I could've done. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment