Saturday, October 16, 2010

Amanda - Week 5, Saturday

So, I woke up this morning at 3 and tossed and turned until 5. Then, when I weighed myself, I had gained another half pound! I knew it when I jumped on the scale; I could feel it. First, I didn't go to the bathroom yesterday and that's always a bad sign. Second, I did eat an additional 2T of Coconut yesterday. Today, I vowed to follow my meal plan exactly! It's always interesting to see what happens when I follow my plan exaclty. It usually reminds me that, ok, the plan works. Just follow it!

I went to Crossfit this morning at 8:30:
1000m row
4 Muscle-ups
20 Knees-to-Elbows
4 muscle-ups
10 OHS (65/45) - I did 65#
4 muscle-ups
20 Burpees
4 muscle-ups
200 Singles
4 muscle-ups
10 Push Press (65/45) - I did 65#
4 muscle-ups
1000m Row

The Muscle Ups were interesting. It was the first time I tried them. I scaled them by doing jumping muscle ups. I did really good when the rings were at about neck height, but then when I raised them just above my head, it got significantly more challenging. I could get into the dip position, no problem, but muscling myself up from there was challenging. I did do two though, so that was great! When I looked up at the rings, I thought there was no way I'd be able to do it. Now, I see Muscle Ups as something I could eventually do, without scaling. How cool would that be!

My first 1000m row, I finished in 4.27. I didn't go all out because I wanted to pace myself for the WOD. If I went all out, I think I could've done 4.10, but I'm not sure. One guy was done with his 1000m in 3.30. WOW! I finished my WOD in 23.32, which was right in line with the experienced men in the class, so I felt good about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment