Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Amanda - Week 5, Tuesday

Well, I was up at 4:30 this morning. I had a good night sleep, and it felt like enough, even though I went to bed at 10:00. I'm starting to think that the fewer calories you eat, the less sleep you need, or maybe it's just fewer carbs. Or maybe my metabolism has sped up and that's the culprit. Whatever it is, I'm starting to like it.

I did my gym workout this morning, and it went okay. I'm not sure if it's from being sick or the fact that I've lost some of my strength from losing weight, but I don't feel as strong. I regressed in the number of pushups I could do without rest, and I had to rest more in between my sets. Today was also the first day, I seriously contemplated letting go of my 'mile' goal. I was on the treadmill and it felt like torture. I kept saying, it's only 6 minutes and 45 seconds, but after 3 minutes, I was ready to call it quits. I questioned why I even had the goal, but I reminded myself that it stems from high school. I was a terrible runner, and this one girl could run a mile in 6:30. I don't think she won any records, but for some reason I remember watching and thinking how athletic she looked. That image always stuck with me. So last year, my goal was to run a mile in under 8 minutes. I finally did it in 7:34. Then, when I started Crossfit, I saw the record on the board of a girl running the mile in 6:34. There was that number again. If they can do it, why not me? Running has always been someting that I've never been able to conquer. There were "runners" and then there was me. Obviously I don't like the idea of something I'm unable to conquer. Of course, I never thought I'd be able to run a mile in under 8 minutes, so where does it end? Who knows at this point, but my goal is to just make it through this next month without giving up on the goal altoghter. If it's not worth it to me after that, then I'll let go of it, but I made a commitment during this challenge, and I've never quit something I've commited to. Alright, I will forge on!

No comments:

Post a Comment